We really appreciate the welcome that Clara Romance has received and we’re already hard at work to bring you great content! If you have a story you wish to submit, please go over our submission guidelines:
1. We are looking for short stories with a romantic element, written by Filipinos and featuring Filipino characters. While we don’t frown upon a romance with a Korean exchange student or stories set in other countries, we would like to see Filipino characters in your work. Stories can be in English, Filipino, or Taglish.
2. Submit your stories to email@example.com as .doc, .docx, or .rtf files, in Times New Roman, Courier, or Cambria typefaces, double-spaced, font size 12. Please include a cover letter containing your name and contact details.
3. Our preferred length is between 1,500-5,000 words, but we are willing to make exceptions.
4. We accept simultaneous submissions but not multiple submissions. What’s the difference?
Simultaneous submissions – you’ve submitted your story for consideration with another publisher
Multiple submissions – you’ve submitted more than one story for consideration on Clara
Please state in your cover letter that this is a simultaneous submission. If your story has been accepted for publication elsewhere before we’ve had the chance to respond to you, please let us know.
5. We reserve the right to edit the stories for grammar and clarity, but we will give the authors an opportunity to review, discuss, and accept the edits.
6. We are open to reprints (meaning your story has previously appeared in print or online) but only if a) you own the rights to publish; and b) you are willing to remove the story from other online sources while it appears on the latest issue of Clara (usually around three months).